Skip to main content Skip to main navigation

Old Library hire

The Old Library was built in the late 16th century and was originally 5 cottages. It was used as a Working Mens Club and in 1936 as a Girl's Club. At some stage all the interior walls have been removed exposing the beams and the high ceiling. In 1946 it became Midhurst Library and was so until 2014 when the library moved to the new sports and leisure building by South Pond.
In 2014 it became the Town Council offices and meeting rooms and the Town Council plans to purchase the building for its own and community use. It is a small but imposing building and is suitable for workshops, lectures, classes and meetings.

The meeting room is used regularly for Town Council meetings.

The Old Library main hall is large enough for a small celebration as well as groups meeting or workshops. Facilities are fairly basic at present. Please contact us to find out more.

If you wish to hire all or part of the building please contact Julian Quail at 01730 816953 or email him at midhursttc2@btconnect.com